First Time Students
1. Download and complete the application and attach a recent photo, or you may apply online.
2. Give the pastor’s reference form to your pastor and ask him to mail it directly to the college. If your pastor is related to you, then the pastor’s reference should be given to an assistant pastor, youth pastor, Christian school principal, deacon chairman, or similar individual.
3. Give the two other reference forms to individuals who are not relatives and ask them to return them directly to the college.
4. Ask the high school which you attended to send a copy of your transcript directly to the Director of Admissions. If, in lieu of a high school diploma, you have received a GED, please have an official copy of the results sent directly to the Director of Admissions, along with your high school transcripts.
5. Request that your ACT test scores be sent to the Director of Admissions as soon as possible. A copy of your scores will be sent to us when you use our ACT code. The ACT code for Golden State Baptist College is 0281.
6. Complete the form regarding your health and medical history.
7. After we have received the information listed above, we will notify you of your status in writing.
8. You should feel free to contact the Admissions Office at Golden State at any time to ask questions about the status of your application, procedures for enrollment, or any other questions about our college. Call us on our toll-free line, 1-888-GSBC-4-Me (1-888-472-2463).
Note: Applications will be accepted only from prospective students who are at least juniors in high school.
1. Complete all steps for First-Time Students.
2. If you have attended any other colleges we must receive transcripts from all of the colleges or institutions you have attended. This would be true even if you did not wish to transfer credit from the other school to Golden State. Other institutions should send the transcript directly to:
Director of Admissions
Golden State Baptist College
3520 De La Cruz Boulevard
Santa Clara, CA 95054
3. Golden State Baptist College must be informed if there are any unpaid accounts with any other schools.
4. Notification of your status will be provided in writing upon receipt of the above information.
Transfer of Credit (accepting credit)
GSBC will accept credit from other colleges subject to administrative approval. The maximum amount of credits that can be transferred is sixty-four credit hours. The administration maintains the right to deny acceptance of any other credits it deems unsatisfactory or inadequate toward the completion of a degree at Golden State Baptist College.
Credit may be given for all subjects which are equivalent to those courses offered at GSBC, and in which a grade of “C” or better was earned.
Process of Application
Normally, an application will require at least three weeks to be processed, and in many cases, up to six weeks or longer. All information including transcripts, references, and the application fee should be sent in as quickly as possible so a final letter of acceptance can be given.
Following an applicant’s acceptance, a non-refundable registration fee of $300 should be sent to the Finance Office. This fee should be paid as soon as possible to ensure placement in the college but must be paid no later than registration day. All paid registrations need to be applied within one year. (ex. Registration fee paid in fall of 2014 needs to be applied by fall of 2015) This fee will be reduced to $150 if it is paid prior to the end of the current semester for returning students. New students will be given a discount until July 31 for the fall semester and December 31 for the spring semester.